CRD Internship Units
CRD majors are required to complete 4 units of CRD 192 internship before graduation. To qualify for CRD 192, you must be a declared CRD major in upper division standing, meaning you have completed a minimum of 90 college units. Junior transfers may have over 90 college units, but it is not recommended you complete an internship prior to your 3rd quarter at UC Davis.
- CRD 092: Students in lower division standing, completed fewer than 90 college units, will only be applied towards overall 180 graduation units and not towards any major-related units. P/NP grading only. Offered fall, winter, spring.
- CRD 192: Students in upper division standing, completed 90 or more college units, will be applied towards overall 180 graduation units AND can be used towards major requirements ( 4.0 units satisfies internship requirement for CRD). P/NP grading only. Offered fall, winter, spring.
Academic and Hour Requirements:
- Reading and writing assignments as assigned by faculty advisor/sponsor
- 4.0 units requires 120 hours of internship
You must be officially declared in the CRD major, in upper division standing, and the internship must:
- be located off campus (UCDHS sites qualify)
- directly relate to your major
- relate to your career interest
- provide you with new, professional-level transferable skills (no clerical - filing, re-organizing e-files, etc.; no basic, routine tasks such as handing out blankets at a shelter)
- be supervised by a professional with at least their Bachelor’s degree and appropriate certification/credentialing according to their field’s requirements
- allow 4.0 unit internship in fall, winter or spring
- be pre-approved by the CRD Internship Coordinator in 1303 Hart Hall prior to the quarter in which you plan to request units
Steps for Receiving Units
- Find internship (meet with internship coordinator in 1303 Hart if assistance is needed)
- Schedule appointment with internship coordinator via OASIS here or call (530) 752-1321 to schedule (if approved for units, obtain blank internship contract)
- Meet with internship supervisor and faculty sponsor (as assigned by internship coordinator) to complete contract
- Return completed contract to internship coordinator by 10th day of instruction during academic year (fall/winter/spring), and in exchange receive CRN. (no appointment is necessary)
- Add course with CRN no later than 10th day of instruction (fall, winter, spring)
Resources for finding internships, jobs or volunteer opportunities
- CRD Internship Coordinator: Located in 1303 Hart Hall, (530) 752-1321, firstname.lastname@example.org , appointments.ucdavis.edu/
- Handshake: UC Davis ICC's internship and job search platform (replaced Aggie Job Link)
- Internship & Career Center (ICC): UC Davis ICC is located in South Hall, Contact the ICC
- UEIJobs.com: Sacramento State managed employment site, but off-campus student positions are open to UC Davis students.
- Idealist.org: search for jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities
- Teacher Assistant Internship Database: searchable database of teaching-related internships via the UC Davis ICC website
- Edjoin.org: find education-related jobs in California
- Student Run Clinics and HRI for health-related internships
- UC Davis Internships Abroad
Contact the internship coordinator by calling (530) 752-1321.