CRD Internship Units
CRD majors are required to complete 4 units of CRD 192 internship before graduation. To qualify for CRD 192, you must be in upper division standing, meaning you have completed a minimum of 90 college units. Junior transfers may have over 90 college units, but it is not recommended you complete an internship prior to your 3rd quarter at UC Davis.
- CRD 092: Students in lower division standing, completed fewer than 90 college units, will only be applied towards overall 180 graduation units and not towards any major-related units. P/NP grading only.
- CRD 192: Students in upper division standing, completed 90 or more college units, will be applied towards overall 180 graduation units AND can be used towards major requirements ( 4.0 units satisfies internship requirement for CRD). P/NP grading only.
Hours and Academic Requirements: In addition to internship hours, reading and writing assignments will also be required at your faculty advisor’s discretion.
Required Hours = Units
60 hours = 2.0 units
90 hours = 3.0 units
120 hours = 4.0 units
You must be officially declared in the CRD major, in upper division standing, and the internship must:
- be located off campus (UCDHS sites qualify)
- directly relate to your major
- relate to your career interest
- provide you with new, professional-level transferable skills (no clerical - filing, re-organizing e-files, etc.; no basic, routine tasks such as handing out blankets at a shelter)
- be supervised by a professional with at least their Bachelor’s degree and appropriate certification/credentialing according to their field’s requirements
- allow you to work at least 60 hours in a quarter (to total 2 units) or more in fall, winter or spring (summer units might be possible)
- be pre-approved by the CRD Internship Coordinator in 1303 Hart Hall prior to the quarter in which you plan to request units
Steps for Receiving Units
- Find internship (meet with internship coordinator in 1303 Hart if assistance is needed)
- Make an appointment here to meet with internship coordinator for approval, and if approved obtain blank internship contract
- Meet with internship supervisor and faculty sponsor (as assigned by internship coordinator) to complete contract
- Return completed contract to internship coordinator by 10th day of instruction during academic year or by 5th day of summer session, and in exchange receive CRN. (no appointment is necessary)
- Add course with CRN no later than 10th day of academic quarter and 5th day of summer session
Resources for finding internships, jobs or volunteer opportunities
- CRD Internship Coordinator: Located in 1303 Hart Hall, (530) 752-1321, email@example.com , appointments.ucdavis.edu/
- Aggie Job Link: via the UC Davis ICC website
- Internship & Career Center (ICC): UC Davis ICC is located in South Hall, Contact the ICC
- UEIJobs.com: Sacramento State managed employment site, but off-campus student positions are open to UC Davis students.
- Idealist.org: search for jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities
- Teacher Assistant Internship Database: searchable database of teaching-related internships via the UC Davis ICC website
- Student Run Clinics and HRI for health-related internships
- UC Davis Internships Abroad