CRD Internship Units
CRD majors are required to complete 4 units of CRD 192 internship before graduation. To qualify for CRD 192, you must be a declared CRD major in upper division standing, meaning you have completed a minimum of 90 college units. Junior transfers may have over 90 college units, but it is not recommended you complete an internship prior to your 3rd quarter at UC Davis.
- CRD 092: Students in lower division standing, completed fewer than 90 college units, will only be applied towards overall 180 graduation units and not towards any major-related units. P/NP grading only. Offered fall, winter, spring.
- CRD 192: Students in upper division standing, completed 90 or more college units, will be applied towards overall 180 graduation units AND can be used towards major requirements (4.0 units satisfies internship requirement for CRD). P/NP grading only. Offered fall, winter, spring.
Academic and Hour Requirements:
- Reading and writing assignments as assigned by faculty advisor/sponsor
- 4.0 units requires 120 hours of internship
You must be officially declared in the CRD major, in upper division standing, and the internship must:
- be located off campus (UCDHS sites qualify)
- include a remote internship contingency plan – This new internship requirement begins Summer 2020. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and possible related internship site closures, going forward interns and internship supervisors must create and include in the internship contract/work plan a remote internship contingency plan in the event the internship site closes due to COVID-19 or other similar occurrences. This will allow interns to continue their internships by working remotely.
- directly relate to your major
- relate to your career interest
- provide you with new, professional-level transferable skills (no clerical - filing, re-organizing e-files, etc.; no basic, routine tasks such as handing out blankets at a shelter)
- be supervised by a professional with at least their Bachelor’s degree and appropriate certification/credentialing according to their field’s requirements
- allow 4.0 unit internship in fall, winter or spring
- be pre-approved by the CRD Internship Coordinator in 1303 Hart Hall prior to the quarter in which you plan to request units
Steps for Receiving Units
- Find internship (meet with internship coordinator in 1303 Hart if assistance is needed)
- Schedule appointment with internship coordinator via OASIS here or call (530) 752-1321 to schedule (if approved for units, obtain blank internship contract)
- Meet with internship supervisor and faculty sponsor (as assigned by internship coordinator) to complete contract
- Return completed contract to internship coordinator by 10th day of instruction during academic year (fall/winter/spring), and in exchange receive CRN. (no appointment is necessary)
- Add course with CRN no later than 10th day of instruction (fall, winter, spring)
Resources for finding internships, jobs or volunteer opportunities
- CRD Internship Coordinator: Located in 1303 Hart Hall, (530) 752-1321, firstname.lastname@example.org , appointments.ucdavis.edu/
- Handshake: UC Davis ICC's internship and job search platform (replaced Aggie Job Link)
- Internship & Career Center (ICC): UC Davis ICC is located in South Hall, Contact the ICC
- UEIJobs.com: Sacramento State managed employment site, but off-campus student positions are open to UC Davis students.
- Idealist.org: search for jobs, internships, volunteer opportunities
- Teacher Assistant Internship Database: searchable database of teaching-related internships via the UC Davis ICC website
- Edjoin.org: find education-related jobs in California
- Student Run Clinics and HRI for health-related internships
- UC Davis Internships Abroad
Contact the internship coordinator (Rachael Crotty) by calling (530) 752-1321, self-scheduling an appointment through OASIS or by emailing email@example.com. Please note that emails may receive a delayed reply due to the high volume regularly received.