Evaluation Specialist (Assistant Cooperative Extension Specialist)
Community & Regional Development
I am looking for students experienced in survey data analysis using SPSS or other software. If graduate students want to work with me, preference would be given to those who have an interest in program evaluation and needs assessments research and/or practice. Please contact me via email with your CV.
Research Interests: Program evaluation, needs assessments and other extension educational processes.
Research Philosophy: Conduct research to inform evaluation practice (designing and implementing evaluations and evaluation capacity building) and use the experience from practice to conduct further research.
Biography: As an Evaluation Specialist (Assistant Cooperative Extension Specialist), I intend to conduct research to inform the evaluation practice of ANR colleagues and relevant stakeholders, and work with them to build their evaluation capacity. Prior to joining UC Davis, I served as an Evaluation Specialist at the Environmental Resources Center of University of Wisconsin (UW)-Extension, where I worked with extension educators and project partners to plan, develop and implement evaluation of agricultural, conservation and environmental programs. Before joining UW-Extension, I worked as a Postdoc at the University of Connecticut and Iowa State University, supporting the evaluation of agricultural, extension and economic development programs. I have a bachelor’s degree in Agriculture from A.N.G.R. Agricultural University in India, and a master’s and doctoral degrees in Agricultural and Extension Education from A.N.G.R. Agricultural University and Iowa State University, respectively.
- Koundinya, V., Baird, A., Klink, J., Lois, W., Frankenberger, J., Bonnell, J., & Power, R. (2018).
Core competencies for successful watershed management work. Journal of Extension, 55(1), 1RIB1.
- Koundinya, V. (2017). How to present individual change with Before (Pre) - and After (Post)- survey data? Quick Tips 38. Program Development and Evaluation Website, University of Wisconsin-Extension.
- Koundinya, V., Klink, J., & Widhalm, M (2017). Usertesting.com: A tool for usability testing of online resources. Journal of Extension, 55(3), 3TOT2.
- Klink, J., Koundinya, V., Kies, K., Robinson, C., Rao, A., Berezowitz, C., Widhalm, M., & Prokopy, L. (2017). Enhancing interdisciplinary climate change work through comprehensive evaluation. Climate Risk Management, 15, 109-125. doi: 10.1016/j.crm.2016.11.003.
- Koundinya, V., Klink, J., Deming, P., Meyers, A., & Erb, K (2016). How do format and timing of follow-up surveys affect evaluation success? Journal of Extension, 54(1), 1RIB1.
- Ghimire, N., Koundinya, V., & Holz-Clause, M. (2014). Government run vs. University managed agricultural extension: A review of Nepal, India, and the United States. Asian Journal of Agricultural Extension, Economics & Sociology, 3(5), 461-472.
- Koundinya, V., & Martin, R. (2013). In-Service needs for educational processes skill training of U.S. food safety extension educators. International Journal of Scientific Research in Education, 6(2), 117-127.
- Dollisso, A., & Koundinya, V. (2011). An integrated framework for assessing oral presentations using peer, self, and instructor assessment strategies. NACTA Journal, 55(4), 39-44.
- Koundinya, V., & Martin, R. A. (2010). Food safety inservice educational needs of agriculture teachers. Journal of Agricultural Education, 51(4), 82-91.
- Koundinya, V., Chen, F., Livingston, P., Erb, K., & Kepka, J. (in press). How does the use of a smartphone-based technology in teaching influence learning outcomes? North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture (NACTA) Conference, Iowa State University, Ames, IA.
- Koundinya, V., Rao, A., & Kepka, J. (2017). Using rubrics to make evaluative judgements about the outcomes and impact of Extension programs. The National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP) Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Koundinya, V., Ghimire, N., & Klink, J. (2017). Asking appropriate questions to collect evidence of programming impact. The National Association of Extension Program and Staff Development Professionals (NAEPSDP) Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Koundinya, V., Rao, A., Klink, J., Pratsch, S., Exo, J., & Cook, C. (2017). Metaevaluation of a natural resources education program’s evaluation design. The American Evaluation Association Conference, Washington, DC.
- Koundinya, V., Compton, P., & Rao, A., (2017). Participatory evaluation of a volunteer stream monitoring program. The National ESP Conference, Wilmington, NC.
- Koundinya, V., Erb, K., Kepka. J., & Adams, A. (2017). Improving a wetlands conservation training program using program evaluation. The Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education Conference, Minneapolis, MN.
- Koundinya, V., Berezowitz, C., & Klink, J. (2016). An innovative qualitative evaluation method to assess student learning. The American Evaluation Association Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Koundinya, V., Robinson, C., Rao, A., & Klink, J. (2016). Utilizing online technology tools (UserTesting.com, Google Analytics, ArcGIS Online and Smartsheet) to support evaluation. The American Evaluation Association Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Koundinya, V., Klink. J., & Adams, B. (2015). Three ways to evaluate online courses using student data. The American Evaluation Association Conference, Chicago, IL.
- Koundinya, V., Klink. J., & McKinney, E. (2015). How to increase the chance that your stakeholders will care about evaluation data. The American Evaluation Association Conference, Chicago, IL.