Adobe Creative Cloud
Now integrated with campus single sign-on
Previously, access to Adobe apps here in Hunt Hall required you to register your own Adobe ID. This is no longer the case: everything is integrated with CAS now.
- To sign in, first enter your email address at the Sign in screen, then click Continue. Ignore the buttons offering the ability to sign in with Google, Facebook, or Apple accounts--this will not work.
- Then, at the next screen, click Company or School Account. You will be redirected to CAS, where you can sign in with your UC Davis credentials
I'm logged in, but it won't let me use the apps
- Open the Creative Cloud application on the desktop.
- Click the picture on the upper right of the window that looks like a pie chart, and log out
- Open any Adobe application again and sign in when prompted. As stated above, be sure to select Company or School Account:
Can I get Creative Cloud on my own computer?
Not for free, and UC Davis does not offer no-cost licenses for students. Adobe has a student/educator discount, see https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html. It’s $19.99/month for the first year, then $29.99/month after that. Adobe no longer offers perpetual licenses; i.e. you can’t just buy Illustrator and get a license key to use forever any longer. Do not purchase/use/acquire Adobe Creative Suite 6--it is obsolete, has numerous security vulnerabilities, and is not forward-compatible with current Adobe file formats. No support whatsoever will be offered for its use.
An alternative is to use the IET virtual lab. https://virtuallab.ucdavis.edu